The Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science offers courses and plans in statistics and actuarial science. Statistics deals with the collection and analysis of data. Statistical methods are extensively used in biology, medicine, health sciences, agriculture, business, finance, economics, engineering, and many other fields. Actuarial science is the application of mathematics and statistics to financial problems with particular emphasis on life insurance, casualty insurance, and employee benefit programs.
- First Year Information Session (2017) (PPT)
- Academic advising; contact an advisor; advising hours
- Programs, courses and plan requirements
- Admission requirements
- Program sheets
- Faculty of Mathematics program advisors with office hours
Professional organizations in actuarial science (in North America):
Scholarships and Awards
- Student awards and financial aid
- Faculty of Mathematics scholarships
- Teaching award in Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science
Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRA)
- USRA opportunity for Winter 2018. Deadline is October 19, 2018.
Additional resources and information: