Great ideas can strike anytime, and living with like-minded people in an innovation community enhances those opportunities. St. Paul's GreenHouse is the first and only live-in campus-linked accelerator in Canada focused on social innovation and entrepreneurship. We believe the live-in model enhances the acceleration of startups and social change initiatives.
Students in GreenHouse receive the following support:
- Dedicated space that fosters creativity and collaboration
- Weekly programming to help students conceive an idea that tackles a pressing environmental or social problem along with testing, launching and measuring the impact of their idea.
- Mentorship from entrepreneurs as well as consultation with professionals in areas such as: sales, legal, finance and communications.
- Peer-to-peer support from like-minded, passionate people representing all six faculties.
- Access to startup funding in the form of grants and social financing opportunities
The activities at St, Paul's GreenHouse directly align with the University of Waterloo’s vision to be recognized as a uniquely entrepreneurial university that applies innovative approaches to technology, social innovation, and social entrepreneurship in ways that create recognizable impact both in economic growth and improving the human condition.