Great ideas can strike anytime, and surrounding yourself with innovators enhances those opportunities. GreenHouse is a community for innovators who want to create social and environmental change.
Whether it be through our Discovery Labs, or our two communities, Innovators in Residence or Workplace Innovation, we believe that surrounding yourself with organizations, community members and students with a passion to solve problems allows you to form innovative ideas and make new forms of sustainable impact.
Students that engage with GreenHouse can receive the following support:
- Dedicated space that fosters creativity and collaboration
- Weekly programming to help students conceive an idea that tackles a pressing environmental or social problem
- Mentorship from experts in areas such as entrepreneurship, sales, legal, finance and communications.
- Peer-to-peer support from like-minded, passionate people representing all six faculties.
- Access to potential funds to conceive your idea
The activities at GreenHouse directly align with the University of Waterloo’s vision to be recognized as a uniquely entrepreneurial university that applies innovative approaches to technology, social innovation, and social entrepreneurship in ways that create recognizable impact both in economic growth and improving the human condition.