Great ideas can strike anytime, and surrounding yourself with innovators enhances those opportunities. GreenHouse is a community for innovators who want to create social and environmental change.
Through both the Innovators in Residence and Workplace Innovation communities, we believe that surrounding yourself with organizations, community members and students with a passion to solve problems allows you to form innovative ideas and make new forms of sustainable impact.
GreenHouse is designed to get you on the right path to making the change you want to see. You can come during any of your academic or co-op terms and in at any stage of your process:
- Get inspiration and direction if you don't know where to start
- Explore and discover what you're passionate about
- Immerse yourself in a pressing problem and identify how best to solve it
- Research your idea and test it
- Connect with stakeholders
- Create and test policies, programs, products, campaigns or services
- Bring your idea to life!
Students that engage with GreenHouse can receive the following support:
- Dedicated space that fosters creativity and collaboration
- Weekly programming to help students conceive an idea that tackles a pressing environmental or social problem
- Mentorship from experts in areas such as entrepreneurship, sales, legal, finance, communications and access to a network of social impact practitioners
- Peer-to-peer support from like-minded, passionate people representing all six faculties
- Access to funding opportunities to conceive your idea
We also connect you with other service providers in the Waterloo innovation ecosystem and beyond!