Explore problems in a Discovery Lab
Discovery Labs is where innovators engage with organizations to find meaningful problems to work on.
GreenHouse holds multiple Discovery Labs per term with a different workplace partner. During the labs, innovators connect with stakeholders such as users, practitioners and researchers to gain insights around a problem.
Previous Discovery Labs themes include:
- In partnership with KidsAbility, the youth accessibility lab focused on pressing issues with assistive devices and accessibility for youth with cognitive or physical special needs.
- In partnership with the Waterloo-Wellington Canadian Mental Health Association and the Local Health Integration Network, the mental wellness lab focused on finding opportunities for innovation to improve mental wellness in our community.
- Waterlupus, a collaboration between the Geographies of Health in Place Lab and many other partners focused on finding new ways to improve the financial quality of life of those living with lupus.
- In partnership with St. Paul's University College Residence Life, the Campus Mental Wellness Discovery Lab focuses on finding new improvements and innovations in the campus mental wellness system.
- In partnership with Environment Canada, the Environment Design Challenge focused on finding mobile digital solutions for pollution prevention in Canada.
Keep an eye out for upcoming labs in Fall 2019!