Explore problems in a Discovery Lab
Discovery Labs is a new initiative where students, community members and a host organization identify problems and opportunity spaces based on a different theme.
GreenHouse holds one to two Discovery Labs per term with a different workplace partner. During the Discovery Lab, you identify opportunities for innovation based on the theme for the lab and we teach you skills in ethical design to address them.
Previous Discovery Labs themes include:
- In partnership with KidsAbility, the youth accessibility lab focused on pressing issues with assistive devices and accessibility for youth with cognitive or physical special needs.
- In partnership with the Waterloo-Wellington Canadian Mental Health Association and the Local Health Integration Network, the mental wellness lab focused on finding opportunities for innovation to improve mental wellness in our community.
- Hack4Health, a collaboration between many partners which focused on finding new ways to improve quality of life for those living with MS and dementia.
- Waterlupus, a collaboration between the Geographies of Health in Place Lab and many other partners focused on finding new ways to improve the financial quality of life of those living with lupus.
- In partnership with St. Paul's University College Residence Life, the Campus Mental Wellness Discovery Lab focuses on finding new improvements and innovations in the campus mental wellness system.
- In partnership with Environment Canada, the Environment Design Challenge focused on fiding mobile digital solutions for pollution prevention in Canada.
Please visit this page in mid-June for more information about our next Discovery Labs.