Explore problems in a Discovery Lab
Discovery Labs is where innovators engage with organizations to find meaningful problems to work on.
GreenHouse holds multiple Discovery Labs per term with a different workplace partner. During the labs, innovators connect with stakeholders such as users, practitioners and researchers to gain insights around a problem.
Previous Discovery Labs themes include:
- In partnership with KidsAbility, the youth accessibility lab focused on pressing issues with assistive devices and accessibility for youth with cognitive or physical special needs.
- In partnership with the Waterloo-Wellington Canadian Mental Health Association and the Local Health Integration Network, the mental wellness lab focused on finding opportunities for innovation to improve mental wellness in our community.
- Waterlupus, a collaboration between the Geographies of Health in Place Lab and many other partners focused on finding new ways to improve the financial quality of life of those living with lupus.
- In partnership with St. Paul's University College Residence Life, the Campus Mental Wellness Discovery Lab focuses on finding new improvements and innovations in the campus mental wellness system.
- In partnership with Environment Canada, the Environment Design Challenge focused on finding mobile digital solutions for pollution prevention in Canada.
Discovery Lab on the Future of Volunteering
On November 26th, in partnership with the Volunteer Action Centre, we invite you to participate in the Future of Volunteering Discovery Lab hosted by GreenHouse. During the lab, you will have a facilitated discussion around the future of volunteering in our community. This lab will focus on enabling social change by making volunteering more accessible, meaningful and inclusive to youth and new Canadians. At the lab, our partner organizations will talk about some key challenges and successes in the volunteering space. Then, we will have a facilitated discussion between youth and stakeholders to identify opportunities for innovation in this space. The opportunities for innovation will act as inspiration for those who want to move those ideas forward. To register click here.