Join our Workplace Innovation Community
The Workplace Innovation application period is now open! If you are interested in social innovation and want to participate, apply here.
Workplace Innovation is a community where changemakers work with a host organization to solve identified problems.Teams are trained through an innovation framework to identify opportunities and design for the most impactful solutions. This program can be done within a course or as a co-curricular activity.
Some of these opportunities include:
Client-facing problems such as improving communication tools for non-verbal youth accessing KidsAbility services;
Systemic problems such as developing a suicide postvention protocol for the Canadian Mental Health Association
Organizational change problems, such as improving the scheduling methods for different forms of healthcare appointments
Throughout their participation in the Workplace Innovation Community, students will receive:
- Learn and practice innovation management and problem solving
- Work with a host organization to design, build and test prototypes
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of students
- Resources and support to implement a solution that makes meaningful social or environmental impact
- Funding opportunities to move their projects forward
GreenHouse works with an amazing group of partner organizations, who support the innovation work. When signing up to be a host organization, you will invest 50 hours of time over 4-8 months with students and assign an "innovation broker" to make connections between the innovation team and the organization.
As an organization in the program you will receive:
- Training to identify an appropriate innovation challenge
- Access to a youth innovation team and the ideas created by them
- Support from GreenHouse to facilitate interactions with the team
- Access to GreenHouse space for meeting and sessions if needed
Our Program Sponsors
Our Partner Organizations
- Alzheimer's Society
- Canadian Ski Council
- Hospice Waterloo Region
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Schlegal Villages
- Lupus Canada
- Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Ontario Snow Resort Association
- Volunteer Action Centre
- Reception House
For more information about the program, please contact the Workplace Innovation Program Manager Brendan Wylie-Toal.