Join our Workplace Innovation Program
The Workplace Innovation Program is a program for aspiring innovators to work with organizations exploring and solving complex problems.
When they apply, students are assigned an appropriate innovation team based on your interests and skill set. Students work through an iterative innovation cycle to explore different areas including:
Client-facing problems such as improving communication tools for non-verbal youth accessing KidsAbility services;
Systemic problems such as developing a suicide postvention protocol for the Canadian Mental Health Association
Organizational change problems, such as improving the scheduling methods for different forms of healthcare appointments
Throughout their participation in the Workplace Innovation Program, the students will receive:
- Programming to help support their ideas
- A space for creativity and collaboration
- Peer-to-peer support
- Specialized mentorship for social innovators
- Funding opportunities to move their projects forward
GreenHouse works with an amazing group of partner organizations, who support the innovation work. When signing up to be a host organization, you will invest 50 hours of time over 4-8 months with students and assign an "innovation broker" to make connections between the innovation team and the organization.
As an organization in the program you will receive:
- Training to identify an appropriate innovation challenge
- Access to a youth innovation team and the ideas created by them
- Support from GreenHouse to facilitate interactions with the team
- Access to GreenHouse space for meeting and sessions if needed
Our Partner Organizations
If you are a young innovator interested in taking part of this program or are an organization hoping to host a team, please indicate your interest on our application form.
For more information about the program, please contact the Workplace Innovation Program Manager Brendan Wylie-Toal for more information.