You want to change the world, but…
- You don’t know where to start, or maybe you don’t feel ready
- You might know what you want to do, but don’t know what the next steps are
- You feel powerless to do anything about it now
Not everyone is an entrepreneur
Many of our GreenHouse innovators are making an impact through their social projects, including developing social enterprises. However, there are other ways to make a difference, and we support these students as well. St. Paul’s GreenHouse can help you:
- Create and test policies, programs, products, campaigns, or services
- Make a difference in an established organization through our Workplace Innovation Program
- Learn more about different different social and environmental problem spaces through a Discovery Lab
- Become a social entrepreneur through our Innovators in Residence Program
- Acquire real-world experience and skills for the job market and graduate studies
Everyone can benefit from embracing the mindset of an entrepreneur – by identifying problems, envisioning solutions, and taking action!
GreenHouse can help
The GreenHouse program is designed to get you on the right path to making the change you want to see. You can come in at any stage of your process:
- Get inspiration and direction if you don’t know where to start
- Explore and discover what you’re passionate about
- Immerse yourself in a pressing problem and identify how best to solve it
- Research your idea and test it
- Connect with stakeholders
- Bring your idea to life!
What you get:
- Support, funding, advice, workshops – even class credit
- A social impact network
- An immersive community where you live with like-minded peers, and purpose informs your actions
We also connect you with other service providers in the Waterloo innovation ecosystem and beyond!
What does GreenHouse mean to me? See what our students are saying...