St. Paul’s University College (STP) and the Faculty of Mathematics (MATH) have partnered to create a unique Living Learning Community (LLC) focused on supporting first-year students entering the Financial Analysis and Risk Management (FARM) degree in MATH. This LLC is designed to provide the participants with additional opportunities to expand their learning and development beyond the classroom experience through a combination of programming and events that are developed in partnership with the Financial Analysis and Risk Management Student Association (FARMSA) and FARM staff and faculty members.
** Typically students in the FARM LLC are placed in Double Rooms, however, due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation students may be placed in Single Rooms**
You will live at St. Paul’s with other identified first-year FARM students, where you can expect to:
1. Build relationships and community networks that will support you as you begin your university life.
2. Benefit from:
- Upper-year Peer Leaders from FARM programs who understand your experience and are trained to provide support
- Participation in selected activities designed in consultation with the Faculty of Mathematics
- Support from trained residence leaders and access to resources
3. Learn from (and make friends with!) other first-year students in the same academic program.
Important to know
1. The FARM LLC is not designed to be an enrichment program. The University of Waterloo has a considerable support network of tutors, help sessions, and workshops. The FARM LLC supports students’ academic success indirectly by creating a sense of belonging and strong community connections and networks.
2. STP is a co-ed residence and will have both female-identified students and male-identified students on each floor throughout the residence.
3. Students in the FARM LLC will be placed into clusters of 8 - 12 students. Other students on the floor may be from any faculty or program to give students an opportunity to meet others from a diverse range of academic interests.
How to apply
It's an easy process
1. After you are accepted into FARM at the University of Waterloo, you will receive an invitation via e-mail to apply online to the Living Learning Community.
2. Accept your Offer of Admission, and complete your online LLC application. We will contact you to let you know if you have been accepted.
4. You will then need to fill out the University's online Residence Community Ranking form by June 1 at 11:59 pm, along with a $500 residence deposit. (This amount will also be deducted from your residence fees). You must rank St. Paul's first on this form in order to join the Living Learning Community.
5. Wait to hear that everything is in order. We'll also send you a personal information form so we can match you with an ideal roommate!
For more information, please contact Steve Prentice.