Are you interested in social or environmental issues? Are you passionate about making a difference and changing the world? Do you want to learn how to be a change-maker? Then this is the place for you!
In the Social Impact Living-Learning Community, you'll have the opportunity to live with students from various Faculties who share your passion for positive change.
You'll have the opportunity to explore how to break down and 'unpack' complex social and environmental problems, as well as how to use creative problem solving and innovative thinking strategies.
Through Peer Leaders and Ambassadors from the St. Paul’s social impact incubator (GreenHouse), you’ll get a better understanding of where your interests lie, and how they can be incorporated into your academic and professional futures.
Who can apply?
Students entering first year from any program in any Faculty can apply to be part of the Social Impact Living-Learning Community. As long as you have a passion for making the world a better place, you’ll be right at home.
How to apply?
If you’re a high school student entering the University of Waterloo next Fall:
- Fill out this online form.
- On your UWaterloo Residence Community Ranking form (which you will hear about once you've been accepted into UWaterloo), you MUST rank St. Paul’s University College as your first choice in order to be considered for selection.
What else do I need to know?
- Spaces are limited and placement is not guaranteed in either the community or to live at St. Paul’s.
- Students must be in first year to participate in the community.
- Students can apply to participate in both the Environment Living-Learning Community and the Social Impact Living-Learning Community. If you are interested in both communities, you must complete the application process under the Environment Living-Learning Community as well as the application process above.