The Faculty of Engineering has partnered with St. Paul's to offer a Living-Learning Community — just for Women in Engineering!
This live-in program supports the unique needs of first-year women-identified Engineering students and allows you develop social networks that can help you succeed.
You will live at St. Paul’s with other women-identified first-year Engineering students in double dorm rooms, where you can expect to:
1. Build relationships and community networks that will support you as you begin your university life.
2. Benefit from:
- Upper-year Peer Leaders from Engineering programs who understand your experience and are trained to provide support
- Participation in selected activities designed in consultation with the Faculty of Engineering
- Support from trained residence leaders and access to resources
3. Learn from (and make friends with!) other first-year students in the same academic program.
Important to know
1. The WiE LLC is not designed to be an enrichment program. The University of Waterloo has a considerable support network of tutors, help sessions, and workshops. The WiE LLC supports students’ academic success indirectly by creating a sense of belonging and strong community connections and networks.
2. St. Paul’s is a co-ed residence and although the WiE LLC is for women-identified students, there will also be male-identified students in this residence and women may not be placed on all Female floor.
How to apply
It's a five-step process
1. After you are accepted into an Engineering program at the University of Waterloo, you will receive an invitation via e-mail to apply online to the Living-Learning Community.
2. Accept your Offer of Admission to Engineering, and send in your online WIE LLC application.
3. We will contact you to let you know if you have been accepted.
4. You will then need to fill out the University's online Residence Community Ranking form by June 1 at 11:59 pm, along with a $500 residence deposit. (This amount will also be deducted from your residence fees). You must rank St. Paul's first on this form in order to be in the Living-Learning Community.
5. Wait to hear that everything is in order. We'll also send you a personal information form so we can match you with an ideal roommate!
For more information, please contact Steve Prentice.