Summer campus experience for Aboriginal youth and their families
Are you looking for a week-long family getaway this summer? Both students and a caregiver can participate in this five-day fun and interactive learning camp, to be held at the Waterloo Aboriginal Education Centre at St. Paul’s University College.
It’s a great experience for youth! You will:
- Explore activities to stimulate learning
- Have fun and learn with your elders
- Interact with and meet other youth
It’s also a great experience for adults! Caregivers will:
- Participate in activities with the youth in your care and enjoy play-based learning together
- Attend workshops and get teaching support tips
- Receive answers to questions about child development, learning, and parenting
We will explore the power and possibilities of science, technology, engineering and math in an Aboriginal-based setting, where we will weave together the wisdom and traditions of the past and the generations of the future. You don’t need any experience or prior knowledge to participate and have a blast!
All accommodations, meals, and transportation costs will be funded through a generous donation by the Lyle S. Hallman Foundation.
A $25 deposit will be required when applying, but it will be refunded upon completion of the workshop.
July 31-August 3
(Travel days are July 30 and August 4)
Waterloo Aboriginal Education Centre
St. Paul's University College at the University of Waterloo
190 Westmount Rd N, Waterloo
Please contact Shawn Johnston at email@example.com