The Stratford Campus Ambassador program enables current students, alumni, staff and faculty to volunteer at campus initiatives including campus tours, outreach events, recruitment events, high school activity programs and more.
Trained Ambassadors are the official 'face' of the Stratford Campus and ensure that every guest who visits has a positive and memorable experience. You might guide a campus tour, deliver a workshop to high school students, participate in an event as a greeter, take part in community fundraisers, and much more.
It's a great opportunity to develop your public speaking and leadership skills, build your resume, and be an integral part of the campus community.
Apply now to become an Ambassador for the upcoming academic year!
The Role of an Ambassador
Stratford Campus Ambassadors provide support at campus events and activities. Your responsibility:
- Participate in the volunteer ambassador training program;
- Volunteer time and energy to a minimum of 3 activities a term;
- Represent the campus and university in a professional manner at all times.
There will be a variety of event opportunities, and often a variety of roles available at each event depending on your interests, background and skills. Roles might include:
- Providing general campus tours to visitors
- Participating in recruitment events
- Participating in community events
- Delivering or providing logistics support for a workshop
- Logistics for conferences
Events that Ambassadors may be required to assist with include:
- Fall Open House
- March Break Open House
- Discovering Digital Media Days
- You @ Waterloo Day
As a student ambassador you will:
- Develop your leadership and communication skills, through public speaking, listening, and problem solving
- Hone your interpersonal skills by interacting one-on-one with prospective students, families, and other guests.
- Meet individuals from a range of disciplines and industries – a great way to network!
- Add a great volunteer experience to your resume
- Have the opportunity to conduct a take-over of the Stratford Campus Instagram account
- Support the growth of the Stratford Campus and the Stratford community while leaving your mark on your program
Each event will give Ambassadors an opportunity to exercise and develop different skills.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be in good academic standing
- Possess a helpful attitude and the willingness to take initiative.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be passionate about the advancement of the Stratford Campus and its varied initiatives.
- Submit your application by September 17, 2017. If chosen, you will be notified directly for an interview on Tuesday, September 26 or Friday, September 22 during 12-1 p.m.
- Attend a mandatory training session, scheduled for Tuesday, October 3 or Friday, September 29 from12-1 p.m.
- Review the Ambassador Program updates that are sent to you with information about upcoming events.
- Sign up for a minimum of 3 initiatives per academic year
- There will be a variety of event opportunities, and often a variety of roles available at each event depending on your interest, background and skills. You may request specific roles, however note that final assignments are at the discretion of the event organizer.
- Have fun, and know you are making a difference in your campus community!