Fall 2014 marked Glen's arrival to the teaching team at UWaterloo's Stratford Campus. Glen has been a Guest Lecturer in the UWaterloo Digital Arts Communication (DAC) program in the past. He also leads a heavily subscribed fourth year class in the Wilfrid Laurier University School of Business and Economics on Creativity for Marketing Managers.
Glen's professional background is in advertising, brand strategy, consumer research, and innovation strategy. He serves as the Chief Innovation Officer of Quarry - the 2013 Marketing Profs B2B Agency of the Year, and a local marketing agency powerhouse.
A marketing veteran of 30+ years, Glen has helped organizations like FedEx, Symantec, Cisco, Johnson Controls, Bell Canada, Alltel and John Deere rebuild their view of "the customer" to re-ignite stalled innovation, re-define brand advantage and thrive in the face of market disruption.
On the personal side, Glen plays bass and sings back-up vocals in a 70s throwback band, Midnight Special. He is also a boutique maple-syrup producer where, in contrast to his professional work, he kicks it entirely old-school.
Glen makes Owen Sound his home where he lives with his daughter Isabel (star performer in Owen Sound's Look-up Circus) and his wife Kimberley Love, who was recently nominated as the Federal Liberal candidate for Bruce Grey Owen Sound for the 2015 Federal election.
- MDEI 625, Media Innovation and Impact, Fall 2015
- MA (English Rhetoric) University of Waterloo, 1992
- BA Honours (English), Wilfrid Laurier University, 1983
Research and teaching interests
- Strategic customer segmentation
- Personification of customer insight
- Innovation strategy, and the intersections of branding and innovation with cultural anthropology, cognitive linguistics, and semiotics
- During Fall 2014, Glen spoke at three of North America's premier B2B marketing conferences:
- He's also a presenter and the Day 2 Conference Chair for
- Digital Customer Experience Strategies Summit - New York City, Sept 24,25th
Awards and honours
- Wilfrid Laurier University Departmental, Gold Medal
- Institute of Canadian Advertising CAAP, Gold Medal
Presenations and exhibitions
Interview Segments from Al's Blog and Grill
- Glen is a past board member and on-going volunteer with THEMUSEUM