To continue giving our Global Business and Digital Arts students a superior advantage, you can complete the requirements for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification as part of the program.
To achieve the CAPM certification issued by the Project Management Institute, you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- A secondary degree (high school diploma or the global equivalent) AND
- At least 1,500 hours of project experience OR
- 23 hours of project management education by the time you sit for the exam administered by the Project Management Institute.
At the University of Waterloo Stratford Campus certified project managers will offer the required 23 hours of project management education. The Project Management modules will be taught in addition and as part of the existing curriculum. You'll also have the opportunity to practice what you learned during your team-based industry projects.
How it works:
- Year 1:
- ARBUS 200: CAPM modules are built into the course
- Year 2:
- ARBUS 300: CAPM modules are built into the course
- CAPM workshops: you must attend all scheduled workshops on main campus in addition to ARBUS 300
Current Workshop Schedule:
|Class||Date||Start time||End Time||Location|
|GBDA #1||Thursday, November 10, 2016||18h00||21h00||RCH 105|
|GBDA #2||Thursday, February 2, 2017||18h00||21h00||RCH 103|
|GBDA #3||Thursday, February 16, 2017||18h00||21h00||RCH 103|
|GBDA #4||Thursday, March 16, 2017||18h00||21h00||RCH 103|
|GBDA #5||Thursday, March 23, 201||18h00||21h00||RCH 103|