Thrive is a week-long series of events focused on building positive mental health for University of Waterloo students, faculty and staff. Thrive builds on the success of our previous annual Mental Health Wellness Day event and expands on the foundations created by it. The Thrive week initiative was developed by the University of British Columbia in the spring of 2009 and has been adopted by more than 11 Canadian colleges and universities.
Thrive is also a mindset that encourages you to flourish. We all have mental health, and we can each strengthen our mental health by learning about it, thinking about it, talking about it, and discovering new skills and resources to help us Thrive all year long.
This year’s Thrive week is November 4 – 8
Stratford Campus will feature:
- November 5 - Therapy Dogs | @ noon in the atrium
- November 6 - Positivitea | @ noon in the atrium
- November 7 - Stretch away the stress | @ noon in the atrium
Waterloo Campus will feature:
- November 4 – Determined to Thrive—with Heroic Minds, Mental Wellness Panel
- November 5 – Thrive Walk and United Way ‘Souper Tuesday’
- November 5 – More Feet on the Ground Training for Students
- November 5 – Determined to Thrive—with Heroic Minds, Mental Wellness Panel for Students
- November 6 –Student Mental Health Forum, by CoSMH
- November 7 – Building Community through Play
- November 8 – Uplifting Messages with Balloons
Learn more about Waterloo Campus Thrive events