I have enjoyed over 40 years in the Financial Services industry across several institutions and roles in Retail Banking, Corporate and Commercial Finance, Sub-debt, Mezzanine and Equity Financing, as well as Syndications, supporting Domestic, International, and Global businesses. During much of my career, my roles incorporated the mentoring, training, and development of employees. After obtaining my Master’s degree in 1987, I transferred this interest into lecturing at Wilfrid Laurier’s School of Business while continuing my banking career. In 2019, I retired from banking as Vice President, Business Commercial Banking. I am thrilled to have been able to carry the passion for learning and working with bright, inquisitive young adults into my second career here at U of W.
I live in Waterloo with my wife and two sons, who bless us with their presence between semesters.
I enjoy personal training, squash, golf, and trying to keep up with my energetic family.
- GBDA 401: Capstone course – Fall 2019
- 10 years Part time lecturing at Wilfrid Laurier University – third year Marketing
- Sales and Selling course at Conestoga College
- Undergraduate (B.A.) University of Western Ontario 1979
- M.B.A., Wilfrid Laurier University, 1987
- Various industry designations
- Board of Directors – K-W-Stratford Humane Society
- Dean’s Advisory Candidate – Wilfrid Laurier University
- Chair of founding committee – Kids help Phone – K-W Chapter
- Greater K-W Chamber of Commerce Small Business Breakfast Committee Member
- Active in the Centre for Family Business and former sponsor
- Fund Raising subcommittee – Women’s Crisis Services, Waterloo Region