Students are required to apply for government aid through their home province. Visit your home province’s student aid website to find out more about:
- Applying for student aid
- Keeping your loans in interest free status
- Repaying your loan
Provincial student aid websites
Interest Free Status
Submit this form to our office if you're:
- a part time student with previous part-time loans, or
- a full-time student with previous full-time loans from another province
You can also complete a Confirmation of Enrolment online with the NSLSC On-Line Service.
The Student Awards & Financial aid (SAFA) office can assist with completing various out of province forms (e.g. confirmation of registration, confirmation of attendance, confirmation of student status, program information forms).
These forms can be submitted in person or by mail to the SAFA office. Ensure that your name and student number are indicated on the form.
Please don't submit a request through e-commerce or via the Proof of Enrolment page.
Alternatively, you can use Sendit, the University’s secure file transfer service:
- Login to Sendit with your WatIAM ID and password
- Enter our email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload the completed form and send.
All documents require an original signature. Digital, computerized and typed signatures will not be accepted.