The Academic Readiness Bursary provides assistance for students who are or will be registered in the Winter 2021 term and who may incur costs related to studying remotely in the Winter term, as a result of COVID-19.
We are accepting applications up until January 31, 2021 for expenses incurred from November 1 until January 31, 2021. Please note that funding is limited, so in order to assist as many students as possible, this bursary will not exceed $500 per student (additional support may be considered if you have dependents).
How to apply
Students are required to complete the appropriate application form and provide a detailed written statement explaining the expenses, along with any receipts (or estimates).
Applications will be accepted until January 31, 2021.
- Domestic full-time student: Apply using the bursary application feature in Quest
- Domestic part-time student : Apply using the Part-Time Bursary Application
- International undergraduate students: Apply using the International Undergraduate Bursary Application
Timing and payment of funds
Please allow for a processing time of up to six weeks. Any funding awarded will be applied to your student account in Quest.
Review the undergraduate student funding and fee information web page for full details on what the bursary covers, eligibility and how to apply.
Note: Only approved applications will receive an email communication.
If you do not receive an email response your application was denied for one of the following reasons:
- You already received the ARB in the fall 2020 term
- No funding issued from OSAP – no financial need
- You did not apply for OSAP or student aid from your home province or territory
- You are currently on a work term and not enrolled in any eligible courses
- Purchases were made prior to November 1, 2020
- You withdrew from your studies
- You are a Part-time student in the winter 2021 term (you should apply using the Part-Time Bursary application)
- Purchases do not relate directly to remote learning needs