Post a job
Step 1: Obtain position approval and submit forms
- Submit the UW Work Placement Job Request form to Student Awards and Financial Aid (SAFA) once it has been approved by the person in your faculty/department with signing authority for the program
- Should the job you are hiring for require a higher salary, your faculty/department will be responsible for covering the difference above the monthly maximum of $2,200
Step 2: Employer uses WaterlooWorks to post their job
Hire for the position
Step 1: Confirm eligibility
- After you have received your matches from CE, narrow down your candidate list and email SAFA an initial list of a maximum of 10 candidate names and their UW ID numbers for verification.
- SAFA will respond with eligibility check results within 24 hours
- If you require further eligibility checks please contact SAFA
- Ineligible candidates should not be interviewed
Step 2: Conduct interviews and rank students
CE will inform SAFA of Work Placement positions which have been successfully matched with a student
Hire the student using workday
- Using the HR Workday user guide for managers follow the instructions on Hire a Work Placement Student.
- Once submitted, the hire is now complete and will go to HR for review. Tip: To view the status of your hire, go to your Workday inbox and find the Hire: event in the Archive tab. Click the Process tab to view where the hire process is.
- Forward the Work Placement Employer Declaration Form to the Undergraduate Student Awards Coordinator to complete the approval in Workday.