International Student Advising has changed its title

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

As of today, International Student Advising in the Student Success Office has changed its title to Immigration Consulting. Service delivery has not been impacted. Immigration Consultants will continue to provide immigration consulting services free-of-charge to all international students. 

The consultants can answer questions about:   

  • Study permits
  • Working on and off campus
  • Co-op work permits
  • Temporary resident visas (TRV)
  • Electronic Travel Authorizations (eTA)
  • Post-graduation work permits
  • Permits and TRVs for spouse/common-law partner and/or children in Canada
  • Inviting family to visit

The Consultants can also provide information about students’ health insurance and Government of Canada resources, like how to get a Social Insurance Number.

The new service title better reflects the Immigration Consultants expertise and their license with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC). In addition, the title change will help campus partners and international students know whom to consult for assistance on immigration matters pertaining to temporary resident status in Canada.

If you have any questions about the title change or the services provided, please contact