The 2018-2019 team is continuing to run an academic workshop series! This is your chance to learn technical skills from other SWIGS members that can be of benefit to your career in water.
Please feel free to email us directly to let us know if you are interested in leading or assisting a workshop, or have an idea for future topics.
Potential workshop topics include:
- Hydrologic modeling
- Programming (including Python, R, Matlab, and Excel plus Visual Basic for Applications (VBA))
- Geographic information systems (GIS) applications (ArcMap, MapWindow)
- whatever our members want to see or do!
Our workshops so far have been a large success! We have had great feedback and are thankful to everyone who has made them happen so far. These have included workshops on:
- Mass spectrometry instrumentation
- Matlab programming
- Professional development
- Geospatial information systems (GIS)
Again, please let us know if you have ideas or want to run a workshop! This is a tentative list and can be adjusted if any of our members want to do something, or see something happen, in particular.
Follow us on Facebook for information on upcoming workshops!