Each year, University of Waterloo student callers reach out to more than 135,000 alumni, parents and friends, raising over $600,000 for important initiatives all across campus.
Frequently asked questions
Why am I being called?
- Throughout the year, our Call Centre reaches out to all Waterloo alumni to bring you updates on what’s new at Waterloo, to let you know about services and perks, to confirm we have your up-to-date contact information, and to ask if you are interested in supporting your department, faculty, or University-wide initiatives.
- We rely on support from alumni to help provide scholarships and bursaries for students, to help further research on campus; and to enrich the student experience.
Who works in and who manages the Call Centre?
- All of our callers are current students at the University of Waterloo.
- Jennifer Murray, Development Officer, Annual Giving, supports the Call Centre and can be reached during business hours at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-888-4567 ext. 41892.
Where is the Call Centre?
- The Call Centre is located on Waterloo’s main campus. We are currently operating remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
How do I ensure that my money goes to the right fund?
- You will receive an acknowledgement email which confirms the area you chose to support.
- You can also contact Jennifer Murray, Development Officer, Annual Giving, at email@example.com or 519-888-4567 ext. 41892 to confirm your gift details.
- Your gift will go directly to the area you have specified.
I received a call from a person claiming to be calling from the Calling Program. How can I verify this call?
- Ask them to confirm your student ID number. Our callers have access to this information.
- The number we call from: 519-888-4513 is owned by the University of Waterloo.
- Our charity BN/Registration # is: 119260685 RR0001
Is it safe for me to give my credit card information over the phone? How is confidentiality maintained?
- We are bound by the rules of Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance and we do not store credit card information.
- We have strict confidentiality practices. All staff who are part of the Calling Program are required to sign a confidentiality agreement. This agreement is taken very seriously at UW. For more information about this, contact Jennifer Murray, Development Officer, Annual Giving, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-888-4567 ext. 41892
Why do I need to give you my CVV?
- We collect this information to keep the transaction safe and compliant.