School of Planning, cross appointed to the School of Public Health and Health Systems, Director of the Survey Research Centre
Leia Minaker, PhD, has been a faculty member in the School of Planning since 2016. She is a public health researcher interested in how built and policy environments affect health, with a particular focus on food, nutrition, and food systems. She was co-Principal Investigator of the Cancer Risk Assessment in Youth survey, a seven-province school-based survey that assessed over 12,000 students’ cancer risk behaviours, including tobacco use, UV exposure, and dietary intake. Over the past decade, she has worked closely with Health Canada, Statistics Canada, and dozens of municipalities to create tools to assess food environments as well as recommendations to improve population health and nutrition. Dr. Minaker’s research aims to span disciplinary and practice boundaries (especially in the fields of public health and urban planning) and provide evidence-informed policy recommendations for building a healthier society.
Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science, Senior Methodologist of the Survey Research Centre
Christian Boudreau, PhD, has been a faculty member in the Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science and the Associate Director of the Data Management Core of the International Tobacco Control Policy Evaluation (ITC) Project since 2005. The ITC Project conducts longitudinal surveys amongst smokers and non-smokers in more than 25 countries. Dr. Boudreau thus brings extensive knowledge and expertise on applied survey sampling and survey methodology. In addition to surveys, his research interests include longitudinal studies, competing risks and survival analysis.
- Mark Giesbrecht - Dean of Math Faculty
- Stefan Steiner - Chair of Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science
- Daniel O'Connor - Chair of Department of Sociology and Legal Studies
- Bernard Duncker - Associate Vice-President, Interdisciplinary Research, Office of Research
- Susan Elliott – Department of Geography and Environmental
- Sarah Wilkins-Laflamme - Department of Sociology and Legal Studies
- Ashok Chaurasia - School of Public Health and Health Systems
- Dilruba Sharmin – Student representative – Faculty of Environment
- Shing Yu - Student representative – Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science