Interested in Affordable Research?
Become a Waterloo Region Area Survey Partner
Individualized research on an affordable budget! The Waterloo Region area survey is a unique opportunity for agencies and organizations with limited budgets. The Survey Research Centre conducts the Waterloo Region area survey on an annual basis.
- Collect survey research data from a regional random sample at a fraction of the cost of an independent telephone and web study
- Utilize your questions to test research concepts such as:
- gauging public opinions on specific issues
- measuring awareness and usage of services or products
- refining survey questions for other research
- Use the expertise at the Survey Research Centre to:
- ensure survey questions are structured to reduce bias
- collect the highest-quality data
- maximize response rate
Sample: Residents within Waterloo Region including Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge and the four townships.
Sample size: 400-600 completed surveys, depending on the number of partners and pages sold.
Methodology: Random-digit dialed telephone and web surveys
Price per page: $3,290
- Defined as 4-5 survey questions word-processed and reasonably formatted
- Includes data from standard survey demographic questions such as age, gender, employment status and household income.
- Includes a codebook, data file in SPSS or Excel/CSV format, frequency tables that provide the detailed distribution of the survey responses and technical report summarizing the conduct of the survey. Data analysis or reporting of survey results is not included.
Can't wait until the next Waterloo Region Area Survey? Consider using the Waterloo Region area panel.
The Survey Research Centre maintains a small probability-based web survey panel that is fielded in conjunction with the Waterloo Region area survey. For more immediate projects that do not require large sample sizes of Waterloo Region residents, a web survey can be fielded at any time.