Are you an avid reader and interested in learning about various sustainability topics? Join our Sustainability Book Club, where we connect once per month over Microsoft Teams to discuss a new book related to sustainability. Having piloted this opportunity with our Green Office Ambassadors, we are now opening the opportunity to all staff, students and Faculty. Our meetings typically run over the lunch hour towards the end of each month. The selected books are available from public libraries, or for purchase from the W Store and other online retailers.
If you are interested in joining, fill out this contact form so we can add you to the Teams book club channel. Our next meeting will take place Thursday, September 23rd at 12pm EDT.
Want to know what we are reading? Here is our lineup for the Fall term!
- September: We Are the Weather: Saving the Planet Begins at Breakfast by Jonathan Safran
- October: Cradle to Cradle by Michael Braungart & William McDonough
- November: Staying Alive by Vandana Shiva
- December: no meeting, read on your own over the break!
So far in book club, we have read:
- Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer
- Silent Spring by Rachel Carson
- The Sacred Balance by David Suzuki
- There's Something in the Water by Ingrid R.G. Waldron
If you have any questions about the book club, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.