Submissions Open: June 13, 2023
The Waterloo Institute for Sustainable Aeronautics is launching the WISA Sustainable Future - Horizon Fund Competition to support up to $20,000 of project costs that relate to sustainability in aviation or aerospace!
Are you a small- and medium-sized enterprise (SME) based in Southern Ontario with a project that can become a beacon of sustainable innovation in aeronautics?
The WISA Sustainable Future - Horizon Fund Competition is looking to support projects that have the potential to be a model of social, environmental, and economic sustainability in aviation or aerospace. We are looking for inspirational ideas, exciting designs, and new directions towards a more sustainable future.
Funded by the Government of Canada through the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario), this initiative advances WISA’s mission of supporting innovative solutions and fostering an ecosystem supporting a sustainable future for the aviation and aerospace industries.
All funded project activities must be fully complete by March 2024.
To qualify as an Eligible Participant, an enterprise must meet all of the below qualifications:
- be located in Southern Ontario (see Rules & Regulations for definition);
- employ between one (1) and five hundred (500) individuals;
- be a corporation, organization, partnership or sole proprietorship;
- must be a solvent, active and operational business; and,
- lawfully operate in Canada in accordance with all applicable laws, licenses and regulations.
All rules and regulations can be found here.
*Please note that FedDev Aerospace Regional Recovery Initiative (ARRI) program criteria require recipients to demonstrate 50% matching of funds (Recipients receiving $20,000 in funding from this program must be able to demonstrate they have $10,000 internally to contribute towards the proposed initiative).
**In addition, please note that FedDev has a stacking limitation in place that prohibits a single recipient from receiving more than $100,000 in ARRI funds. An organization applying for this competition must not have received in excess of $80,000 of financial support from the ARRI program.
Submissions must conform to the instructions provided below.
Entrants are asked to submit:
- Project Pitch Document (Template of the Project Pitch Document. Please review and complete in full to be eligible.)
- In addition, entrants must sign a Declaration and Release form agreeing to all rules & regulations.
The submission link is here.