University of Waterloo
Engineering 5 (E5), 6th Floor
Phone: 519-888-4567 ext.32600
External Awards (Fall Scholarship Competitions)
ATTENTION: Read all information before applying. Scholarship deadlines will vary and transcript ordering deadlines will be earlier than scholarship deadlines.
- If you are eligible and plan to apply for a tri-agency scholarship, you will be considered for OGS at the same time and should not complete a separate OGS application.
- If you are NOT eligible, or do not plan to apply, for a tri-agency scholarship but want to be considered for OGS; follow the OGS application guidelines and apply according to the category that fits your student status.
Tri-Agency Scholarships-Master's (CGS-M)
NSERC/CIHR/SSHRC - Apply to the correct agency (usually NSERC, but it will depend on your research area).
Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents eligible.
Ontario Graduate Scholarship
Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents and Visa students eligible.
Students who are not eligible for a tri-agency scholarship, or choose not to apply for a tri-agency scholarship, may apply for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship.
Students must submit a hard copy of their application to the Graduate Administrative Coordinator - noted below).
- Read the guidelines carefully and follow the Category instructions and deadlines that apply to your student status.
- Students submitting a tri-council application will be automatically considered for the OGS that will be held at UW.
- Students must apply for OGS through the institution at which they intend to hold the award.
President's Graduate Scholarship
Awards will be nominated through the Faculty/Department as applicable. There is no application required.