University of Waterloo
Engineering 5 (E5), 6th Floor
Phone: 519-888-4567 ext.32600
- The International Visiting Graduate Student (IVGS) acceptance process facilitates the acceptance of an international graduate student attending a university outside of Canada to participate in research activities at the University of Waterloo and be recognized as a legitimate visitor under the supervision of a University of Waterloo faculty member and academic unit.
- NOTE: IVGS participants may not enrol in courses at UW. International graduate students who want to enrol in courses at UW must use the regular application and admission process for non-degree admission.
- The Waterloo host faculty member will provide a Letter of Invitation (LOI) to qualified IVGS using the department template letter which is available by contacting the department Graduate Assistant, Jeannette Friend .
- The IVGS must submit the approved LOI, IVGS Approval form, proof of scholarship/funding to their Waterloo host supervisor whom will forward the documents to the department Graduate Assistant for further processing through the office of Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA).
- IVGS must apply through the Ontario University Application Centre (OUAC). See all required information and steps to be taken at the procedure link above.