COVID-19 Update

The Centre is currently closed to in-person visits. Connect with us by emaillive chat, or at 519-888-4567, ext. 42268 so we can assist you. Official documents continue to be processed for email, regular mail, and courier. 

Proof of enrolment request

Three types of proof of enrolment documentation

  • Self-serve letters (no cost): Can be produced from your Quest account and printed at home. Useful for organizations such as banks, RESP providers, insurance companies, Service Canada, and employers. A self-serve letter can be submitted for RESP verification and CPP-Declaration of Attendance in lieu of getting a form signed by our office.
  • University-produced letters ($10): We can provide a letter printed on University of Waterloo letterhead with the University seal. Useful for study permits/visas, border crossings, or when the self-serve option cannot incorporate desired/required information. Students may be looking for a program completion letter or a verification letter; these are the same as a proof of enrolment letter. Ordering options listed below.
  • Third-party forms (no cost): We can complete a form that requires a signature and/or University seal to verify your enrolment (e.g., third-party scholarship verfication). Complete your sections and then email your form to along with where you would like the documents to be sent to. 

Degree completion letter

University-produced degree completion letters can be ordered through the proof of enrolment request (ordering options listed below). When submitting your request select the degree completion option. Degree completion letters can only be processed once a degree has been coded to your Quest account. Degrees that have been coded will appear at the top of your unofficial transcript. All degrees should be coded on Quest by the standing decisions and official grades date.

We offer three options to order your university-produced proof of enrolment

  1. Log in to our online e-commerce Proof of Enrolment Form using your University of Waterloo username and password. If you do not remember your credentials complete our account reset request.
  2. Visit The Centre during business hours if you require your proof of enrolment immediatelyThe Centre is currently closed to in-person visits. Official documents will continue to be processed for email, regular mail, and courier.
  3. If you do not have a previous University of Waterloo username and password, or are unable to submit an account reset request, complete our Proof of Enrolment Request Form (PDF). Submit the form by email to or by mail to The Centre, University of Waterloo, Needles Hall South, 200 University Ave West, Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1. Once you have submitted your form please call our office at 519-888-4567, ext. 42268 to provide a credit card number, as written credit card numbers will not be accepted. Cheques made payable to the University of Waterloo are also accepted.

We process requests daily, Monday to Friday, except when the University is closed.

The bot

Question? Ask the bot!