- The competition will begin with 3MT faculty-based heats (mid-February to mid March, 2015); students will be assessed by non-specialist judges.
- Winners will be selected from each faculty to compete in the university-wide 3MT finals, which will be hosted on April 2, 2015.
- the number of final spaces available per faculty will be calculated based on the ratio of students participating (i.e. if 150 students participate from Faculty of Arts and 35 students participate from Faculty Environment, Faculty Arts will be assigned a larger quota of students to put forth into the semi-final competition).
- First prize: winner will be awarded $1000 and will advance to the provincial finals to be held at Western University on April 23, 2015
- Runner up: winner will be awarded $500
- People's choice: will be awarded a prize.
The Canadian National 3MT competition will be held in Spring 2015. Details are forthcoming.