Sponsored by the Toronto Mennonite Theological Centre
Studies of the church have come from theological but also political, social and literary perspectives, to name a few. Papers on the church will be presented by graduate Anabaptist-Mennonite students from a variety of disciplines. Approaches may include, but need not be limited to:
- The church as a social reality (from psychological, sociological, or political science perspectives).
- The church in society (historical, theological, political, or interfaith perspectives).
- The church in literature (the church within a particular genre - drama, poetry, novel; or author – e.g. Shakespeare, Dostoyevsky)
- The ministries of the church (homiletics, liturgical studies, missiology, conflict resolution).
- The church particular (e.g. an era of history, location, or denomination).
- The role of philosopher, actor, New Testament scholar, politician, poet, and atheist in the church.
- The church catholic (ecumenism, the rising church of the southern hemisphere)
Download the registration form (PDF).