Kirti is a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Waterloo. He has completed his Master’s degree in Public Health. By background, he is a Physiotherapist with more than a decade of clinical, academic and managerial experience. Currently, he is working on public health surveillance research, using NextGen data sources including data from the Internet of Things (IoT), and wearables. The ultimate target of his research is to use different models of Machine learning and Deep learning to gain insight from these user-generated data sources for healthy behaviours.
BPT, SVNIRTAR, Cuttack India- 2003
MPT(Musculoskeletal), ISIC Institute of Rehabilitation Sciences, New Delhi, India- 2006
MPH, SCTIMST, Kerala, India- 2014
List of publications
- Singh S, Roy SS, Sahu KS (2021) Immunization during COVID-19: let the ninja dance with the dragon Journal of Health Research 35 (1)
- Sahu KS, Oetomo A, Jalali N, Morita PP (2021) Population-level estimation of timing, duration and quality of sleep in Canada: A smart thermostat based exploratory study Proceedings of the 2020 HFES 64th International Annual Meeting 64 (1), 2130-4
- Khan FR, Chevidikunnan MF, Mazi AF, Aljawi SF, Mizan FH, BinMulayh EA,Sahu KS, Al-Lehidan NS. (2020) Factors affecting foot posture in young adults: a cross-sectional study. Journal of Musculoskeletal & Neuronal Interactions. Jun;20(2):216-222.
- Rout SK, Sahu KS, Mahapatra S. (2019) Utilization of health care services in public and private healthcare in India: Causes and determinants International Journal of Healthcare Management. October:1-8. doi:10.1080/20479700.2019.1665882
- M. Bublitz, F.; Oetomo, A.; Sahu, KS.; Kuang, A.; X. Fadrique, L.; E. Velmovitsky, P.; M. Nobrega, R.; P. Morita, P. (2019) Disruptive Technologies for Environment and Health Research: An Overview of Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, and Internet of Things Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 16, 3847.
- Sahu KS, Arlene Oetomo, Plinio P. Morita (2019) Smart Monitoring of Population Health Risk Behaviour The Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society International Symposium on Human Factors and Ergonomics in Health Care DOI: 10.1177/2327857919081017
- Sahu KS, Arlene Oetomo, Plinio P. Morita (2019) Improving Public Health Surveillance methods via Smart Home technologies Online Journal of Public Health Informatics 11(1): e348 DOI: 10.5210/ojphi.v11i1.9795 International Society for Diseases Surveillance (ISDS) Conference 2019 proceedings.
- Swain SP, Samal S, Sahu KS, Rout SK. (2018) Out-of-pocket expenditure and drug adherence of patients with diabetes in Odisha. J Family Med Prim Care;7:1229-35. DOI: 10.4103/jfmpc.jfmpc_24_18
- Sahu, K.S., Oetomo, A., Fadrique, L., Rahman, D., and Morita, P.P. (2018). Healthy Behaviour Monitoring and Persuasive Engagement through Smart Thermostats. Persuasive Technology Conference 2018, Waterloo, Canada.
- Tewari A, Rath S, Yadav L, Sahu KS, Sundari DS, et al. (2017) Care Seeking Behaviour of Older Adults with Hip Fracture in India: A Qualitative Study. J Pat Care 3:128. DOI: 10.4172/2573-4598.1000128
- Rout, Sarit K, Narayana, K.V Sahu, KS Selvaraj, Sakhtivel Chatterjee, Manjusha Arora, Monika, (2017) Poverty and health status of Beedi workers in Andhra Pradesh, Econ politica weekly 2017; 52: 10
- Sahu KS, Bharati B, (2017) Out of pocket health expenditure and sources of financing for delivery, postpartum and neonatal health in urban slums of Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India Indian journal of public health, 61(2) ;67-73. DOI: 10.4103/ijph.IJPH_168_15
- S. K. Rout, KS Sahu, I. Mukhopadhyay et. al. (2016): State Health Accounts, Odisha: 2013-14; Publisher: PHFI, New Delhi, (https://www.phfi.org/images/keyprojects/pdf/sha_odisha_report.pdf)
- Rout SK, Sahu KS, Swain S, Pati S. (2016) Out of pocket expenditure on surgical and nonsurgical conditions in Odisha. J Family Med Prim Care;5:367-72. DOI:10.4103/2249-4863.192377
- Tewari A, Sahu KS, Yadav L, et al. (2015) Care seeking pathways of older adults with hip fracture in India: exploratory study protocol. International Journal for Equity in Health 14:130. DOI:10.1186/s12939-015-0220-9.
- Sahu KS, Bharati Bhavna (2014) Role of physiotherapy in public health domain: India perspective. Indian journal of physiotherapy and occupational therapy- An International Journal, 8:4: 134-137 DOI 10.5958/0973-5674.2014.00026.4
- Yasobant S, Nibedita S, Saswata S, Arnansu M, Sahu KS. (2014) Musculoskeletal problems among pregnant women: A Facility based survey in Odisha, International Journal of Medical Research & Health Sciences volume 3(2). DOI:10.5958/j.2319-5886.3.2.075.