St. Paul's University College and Waterloo Indigenous Student Centre (WISC) are now offering a Living Community — just for Indigenous First Year Students!
Join our live-in Indigenous program which supports the unique needs of Indigenous students and allows you to develop social networks that can help you succeed. Facilitating the sharing of Indigenous knowledge and providing culturally relevant information and support services for all members of the University of Waterloo community, including Indigenous and non-Indigenous students, staff, and faculty. St. Paul’s University College (STP) is the proud academic home for the University of Waterloo's Indigenous Studies Minor program
The services we provide are premised on understanding, respect, and trust, as well as a recognition of and sensitivity to the different cultural values and rights of Indigenous peoples and cultures.
Living at St. Paul's
1. Build relationships and community networks that will support you as you begin your university life.
2. Benefit from:
- Upper-year Peer Leaders who understand your experience and are trained to provide support
- Participate in selected activities, such as the WISC Soup and Bannock days, POW WOW, and so many others
- Support from trained residence leaders and access to resources
3. Learn from (and make friends with!) other first-year students in various academic programs.
Important to know
2. St. Paul’s is a co-ed residence and although the WIR is for Indigenous-identified students, there will also be non-Indigenous-identified students in this residence.
How to apply - First Year Students
1. Accept your Offer of Admission to the University of Waterloo and complete a St. Paul's Living Learning Application by June 1.
2. Fill out the University's online First Year Residence Application by June 1 at 11:59 pm, along with a $500 residence deposit. (This amount will also be deducted from your residence fees). You must rank St. Paul's first on this form in order to be in the Living Community.
3. Once accepted to St. Paul's you will receive a contract to sign! We'll also send you a personal information form so we can match you with an ideal roommate!
Upper Year Indigenous Students
Not a first year Student but still interested in Indigenous events, activities and residence? Upper year rooms are available too! Graduate students can check out the suites, private rooms, and grad apartments. Apartments are also available for families.
1. Complete a St. Paul's Living Learning Application by June 1.
2. Apply to residence at St. Paul's.
3. Once accepted to St. Paul's you will receive a contract to sign!
For more information, please contact email@example.com.