The University of Waterloo media relations team is Waterloo's primary contact for local, regional, national and international media organizations. The media relations team works closely with communicators across campus and with the staff of the department of University Communications in the office of the vice president, university relations.
The media relations team is responsible for:
- Issuing press releases, media advisories and expert advisories
- Arranging and facilitating media coverage of Waterloo
- Promoting Waterloo experts to the media
- Assisting Waterloo faculty, students and staff with interactions with the media
- Monitoring and reporting Waterloo's news coverage and production of the Waterloo NewsWatch