Conferences and events are a regular part of any campus’ life. Whatever the nature of your event, you may be interested in attracting the interest of journalists.
Typically, journalists from main news outlets will be interested in our events and conferences when:
- There will be a major announcement at the event that is in the public interest
- The conference is topical and/or speakers address issues in the public interest
- The speakers, experts or attendees are familiar to the general public
- There are unique or interesting visuals that can be obtained
- The conference or event is being held in normal business hours
- There is the opportunity to gather material and conduct interviews before the event
The media relations team can work with conference and event organizers to assess the newsworthiness of your event and, where appropriate, encourage coverage of your event.