University of Waterloo
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
11th Biennial Symposium on
Information Integrity and Information Systems Assurance
(plus special workshops on Data/Text Analytics and Machine Learning, Cybersecurity Reporting and Assurance, Data Integrity Criteria and Assurance, and Blockchain and Cryptoassets)
October 24-26, 2019
Marriott Downtown at CF Toronto Eaton Centre Hotel
525 Bay St, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Centre for Information Integrity and Information Systems Assurance at the University of Waterloo (UW CISA) will be holding its 11th biennial symposium held in Toronto, Canada. Our symposia are recognized for the extensive interaction between practitioners and academics. Papers and panels are invited from academe and practice addressing risks, controls and assurance issues associated with the following topics:
● IT Governance
● Data Analytics and Big Data
● Machine Learning and AI
● Blockchain technology
● Internet of Things
● Information Integrity and Information Assurance
● Crypto Currencies and Online Payment Processing
● Mobile/ubiquitous computing
● Social Networks and Media
● Outsourcing/cloud computing/SOC2
● Audit Automation/Robotic Process Automation
- Thursday Oct 24 – Workshops – Data/Text Analytics and Machine Learning, Cybersecurity Reporting and Assurance, Data Integrity Criteria and Assurance, and Blockchain and Cryptoassets (8:30 am to 5:30 pm)
- Thursday Oct 24 – Welcome Reception and Poster Session (6 to 9 pm)
- Friday Oct 25 – Expert Panels and Research Papers (8 am to 5:30 pm)
- Friday Oct 25 – Banquet (6:30 to 9:30 pm)
- Saturday Oct 26 – Expert Panels and Research Papers (8 am to 12:00 pm)
ONLINE REGISTRATION available June 30, 2019
The workshops will be held on Thursday, October 24, from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, the day before the Symposium. The symposium fee does not include participation in the Workshop.
The registration fee for workshops is $500 + HST. This fee covers choice of one full-day or two half-day workshops, workshop materials, breakfast and lunch, the reception on Thursday, and all refreshment breaks.
All participants (except invited presenters) must pay the registration fee for the Symposium of $750.00 + HST. This fee covers all conference materials, reception on Thursday, breakfast, lunch and banquet on Friday, breakfast on Saturday, and all refreshment breaks.
Special Combo Offer
If you are interested in attending both the Workshop Day and the Symposium, the combined fee is $1,000 + HST.
CPD Certificates will be provided.
The full conference qualifies for up to 20 hours of CPD. The workshop alone will qualify for 7.5 hours of CPD. The symposium alone will qualify for up to 12.5 hours of CPD.
Please book your hotel at the group rate for UW CISA Symposium. The deadline for hotel bookings at the Special Conference Rate of CDN$209 is October 7, 2019.
To be announced
For more information contact Prof. J. Efrim Boritz firstname.lastname@example.org (519) 888-4567 ext. 35774.