University of Waterloo
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
11th Biennial Symposium on
Information Integrity and Information Systems Assurance
(plus special workshops on Audit Data Analytics, Data Mining for Fraud Detection, Eye Tracking and Other Neurophysiological Devices, and Machine Learning and Text Analytics)
October 24-26, 2019
Marriott Downtown at CF Toronto Eaton Centre Hotel
525 Bay St, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Centre for Information Integrity and Information Systems Assurance at the University of Waterloo (UW CISA) is pleased to announce its 11th biennial symposium to be held in Toronto, Canada. Our symposia are recognized for the extensive interaction between practitioners and academics. Papers and panels are invited from academe and practice addressing risks, controls and assurance issues associated with the following topics:
● IT Governance
● Data Analytics and Big Data
● Machine Learning and AI
● Blockchain technology
● Internet of Things
● Information Integrity and Information Assurance
● Crypto Currencies and Online Payment Processing
● Mobile/ubiquitous computing
● Social Networks and Media
● Outsourcing/cloud computing/SOC2
● Audit Automation/Robotic Process Automation
Although papers on the above topics will be given preference, papers on other relevant IS/IT assurance topics will be considered. Both private sector and public sector issues are of interest. All research methods are welcome. Papers will be subject to blind peer review by academics and practitioners. Selected papers will be published in the International Journal of Accounting Information Systems (IJAIS) subject to editorial review and approval. Travel expenses will be subsidized for one author of each accepted paper, reviewers and discussants.
Submission deadline is June 1, 2019.
Submitted papers should be at an advanced stage of completion and must not be under review elsewhere.
Conditions of submission are
- Paper Submission fee is $75.00 CDN. Please note if you are in the US that the system will automatically convert currency and charge your credit card approximately $50.00 USD.
- Papers must be submitted with a 300-500 word summary addressing the practical implications of the research;
- Authors of submitted papers will agree to review at least one other submitted paper;
- Papers must adhere to the editorial style of IJAIS; and
- Papers must be submitted in MS Word format NOT pdf to facilitate electronic review and commentary by reviewers.
For more information contact Prof. J. Efrim Boritz firstname.lastname@example.org (519) 888-4567 ext. 35774.
Notice of acceptance will be sent by July 15, 2019.
Papers accepted subject to revision must be revised by August 31, 2019.