Events - July 2018

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 — 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM EDT
albatross

Did you know...
...that every piece of plastic ever made still exists today, and only 10% of what we throw away is recycled each year? That means the other 90% collects on land, in our waterways, in our bodies, and in our wildlife, often resulting in human illness and wildlife deaths. However, the story doesn't have to end this way!

Wednesday, July 18, 2018 — 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM EDT

A Plastic-Free Campus: 2025

Join the Waterloo Association of Geography Students (WAGS) in banning the sale of plastic on campus by the year 2025. Our first initiative is promoting the use of reusable straws and/or encouraging students, staff and faculty to refuse the plastic straw. We want to make University of Waterloo a leader in sustainability by eliminating the sale of wasteful plastics (water bottles, plastic bags, straws, unnecessary packaging, etc.) on our campus. The lemonade stand will run from 11:00 a.m. to 2 p.m. in front of Dana Porter Library. Each reusable straw purchase comes with a FREE lemonade!

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 — 5:00 PM EDT
Students of the Water Institute Graduate Section (SWIGS) logo

Join the Water Institute's graduate student group, SWIGS, for an evening of discussion and networking while enjoying a talk delivered by Katherine Balpataky, editor of Water Canada magazine. 

Katherine is the editor of Water Canada magazine and associate editor of ReNew Canada magazine. She has over ten years experience working on water issues as a policy advisor, communications expert and journalist.

S M T W T F S
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
1
2
3
4
  1. 2019 (30)
    1. October (1)
    2. August (1)
    3. July (3)
    4. June (5)
    5. May (2)
    6. April (3)
    7. March (9)
    8. February (4)
    9. January (2)
  2. 2018 (51)
    1. November (7)
    2. October (4)
    3. September (3)
    4. July (3)
    5. June (10)
    6. May (10)
    7. April (3)
    8. March (8)
    9. February (3)
    10. January (1)
  3. 2017 (55)
  4. 2016 (37)
  5. 2015 (6)