Copyright © 2020 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
Students’ Council General Elections
Oct 26 until Jan 17
Jan 21 – Feb 7
Feb 5 – Feb 7
The Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) holds their General Election every year in the winter term. The election determines who will be your student representatives for the following year, including your faculty, campus and college representatives on Students’ Council.
Interested in becoming our next student leader and being the voice of your faculty, campus or college? Keep reading to find out how, and reach out to one of your current Councillors to learn how they got to where they are! #UWVotes
For questions and further Students’ Council Election information not found on this page, please contact your current WUSA President.
Nominations have officially opened!
Oct 26, 2018 – Jan 17, 2019 (closes at 4 p.m.)
All Candidates Meeting
Jan 17 at 6 p.m. in the SLC’s Multi-Purpose Room (MPR)
Jan 17 – Jan 20
Jan 21 – Feb 7
Feb 5 (opens at 10 a.m.) – Feb 7 (closes at 11:59 p.m.)
Check back here in the winter 2019 term. We’ll have key dates for the various events WUSA hosts including meet-and-greets where you will have a chance to get to know your candidates!
During nomination period, paperless nomination packages are available at vote.feds.ca. Paper packages are available for download below or upon request at the WUSA main office.
- Please read and complete nomination form in its entirety.
- Only Waterloo undergraduate students in your respective faculty/college/campus are eligible to sign your council nomination form, as these are the constituents you are running to represent.
- Successful Students’ Council Nominees will have 25 signatures.
- Applications are due by 4 p.m. on the last day of the Nominations Period.
- The All Candidates Meeting is mandatory as important information will be shared concerning the elections process and the campaigning period.
- Candidates are responsible for becoming familiar with the Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association's By-laws, Elections & Referenda Procedures, and all other applicable organizational documents available through the WUSA Library.
- Candidates are encouraged to submit their information by the stated deadlines (presented at the All Candidates Meeting) to be included in the WUSA Elections promotional materials.
- The WUSA Elections candidate logo is available for download at the bottom of the WUSA Elections page.
Nominations are just a click away at vote.feds.ca you have until the closing deadline to get online nomination package completed. Waterloo undergrads can nominate you from anywhere by logging in with their WatIAM.
Or you can complete a paper package instead and return to the WUSA main office before nomination period closes:
Allegations & Appeals
No allegations or appeals at this time.