Copyright © 2020 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
Coordinator, Cultural Caravan 2020
The Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) is seeking a dedicated student to coordinate Cultural Caravan. This coordinator will assist in the planning and oversee Cultural Caravan on March 12th 2020. This position will be a term long commitment starting in February and running through to the end of March.
The Cultural Caravan Coordinator is accountable to the Special Events Coordinator, Campus Life Department, and the Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association. This coordinator will work with the Special Events Coordinator, and a team of volunteers to make Cultural Caravan 2020 a success.
Nature and Scope:
Cultural Caravan is an annual event put on by the Federation of Students (see highlights from 2014 herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3GGY6iveAU). The purpose of this event is to educate students about the cultural diversity on this campus through a caravan of cultural performances.
(Average Time Commitment: 2 hours per week, commitment will increase closer to the event)
- Collect and assess all intent to perform forms
- Collect and review all music
- Plan an interactive and culturally educational intermission act to keep the audience engaged
- Work with all performers to finalize music, logos, technical needs, introductions, etc
- Act as a strong leader and positive role model for all event volunteers
- Assist with the set up and take down of the event
- Other duties as assigned by the Special Events Coordiantor
- Ability to work as a contributing member of a team
- Previous involvement in Cultural Caravan is an asset, but not required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Willingness to take initiative
- Must be a full-time student for the duration of the position
- Complete any training as required by the Special Events Coordinator
- Cultural Caravan - (late afternoon into the evening) on March 12th 2020 - must be available from 4:00pm onwards