Copyright © 2020 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
Board of Directors
Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) is constituted as a corporation without share capital under the Ontario Corporations Act. The Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association maintains an eleven member Board of Directors, which functions as its highest decision-making body.
The Board of Directors meets on behalf of the corporation’s shareholders (undergraduate UWaterloo students) largely to discuss and guide the financial and contractual affairs of the corporation, or under unusual and emergent circumstances, when Students’ Council is unable to make a decision on a particular matter.
The membership elects its two Students’ Council members and four at-large members at the March General Meeting. The Board of Directors is comprised of the following members:
- President, who is the Chief Executive Officer;
- VP Operations and Finance, who is Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer;
- Two voting members of Students' Council;
- Two at-large members (1-year term);
- Two at-large members (2-year term);
- VP, Student Life (non-voting);
- VP, Education (non-voting); and
- General Manager (non-voting).
Vacancies occurring on the Board of Directors during the year are filled by the Board of Directors.
In addition to Federal and Provincial laws, the Board of Directors is bound by the Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association's Board Procedures.
Board of Director Members
Officers of Board
- Chair: Benjamin Easton
- Secretary: Alana Guevara
- President, Abbie Simpson
- VP Education, Megan Town
- VP Operations & Finance, Alana Guevara
- VP Student Life, Nada Abouelnaga
- John Hunte
- Kanan Sharma
At Large Members
- Alexander Eyre
- Benjamin Easton
- Edward Yang
- Madison Ng
- Vice President, Education: Megan Town
- Vice President, Student Life: Nada Abouelnaga
Board of Directors Meeting Agenda & Minutes
Download and view past Board of Directors meeting minutes.
|2021 January 5 Meeting Agenda (PDF)||2021 January 5 Meeting Minutes (PDF)|