Receive WatSAFE notifications on almost any mobile phone via SMS text message by enabling notifications from @WatSAFEApp on your mobile device. While you do not need to download the WatSAFE app or have a data plan on your device, you will need a Twitter account to receive notifications in this manner.
Login to your Twitter account and follow the steps below.
Configure your Twitter account settings
- From a web browser, go to your Twitter Settings page and click the Mobile tab to configure your mobile settings, https://twitter.com/settings/devices.
- Add your phone number to your personal Twitter account.
- Enable Text notifications for 'Tweets from people you've enabled for mobile notifications'.
Enable mobile notifications for @WatSAFEApp
- Ensure you are following the @WatSAFEApp Twitter account.
- Visit https://twitter.com/watsafeapp and click Follow button.
- Click the gear icon beside the Following button.
- Click Turn on mobile notifications.
Additional information, including steps for enabling notifications on an Android device and via a mobile device, is available at https://support.twitter.com/articles/20169887#.