Do you have the knowledge and skills to excel as a project manager? This online, synchronous, certificate program will teach you modern project management techniques and processes, and provide you with the confidence to apply them effectively to your workplace.
The curriculum for this certificate program is compatible with the project management industry standard set by the Project Management Institute (PMI). The University of Waterloo partners with a project management training provider to offer courses that qualify for Project Management Professional (PMP) Professional Development Units (PDUs) or contact hours.
Who should enrol
- Project managers
- Project team members
- Department leaders
- Individuals who aspire to become project management specialists
- Professionals who want to develop skills to deliver projects on target, on time, and on budget
What you will learn
- Build a solid understanding of sound project management techniques and processes
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Effective communication with your team, including negotiation, conflict management, and motivation
- Manage the complete project lifecycle
Complete the four compulsory courses and one of the elective courses listed below*:
- Project Management Applied Tools and Techniques
- Change Enablement: Realization of Project Value (Note: This course was previously Change Management for Project Success. Either version of this course is applicable towards the Project Management Certificate.)
- Managing Stakeholder Expectations
- People Skills: The Secret Behind Project Success
*Courses may be taken in any order, but we highly recommend taking Project Management Applied Tools and Techniques first as this is the foundational course for this certificate.