Do you have the knowledge and skills to excel as a project manager? This online, synchronous, certificate program will teach you modern project management techniques and processes, and provide you with the confidence to apply them effectively to your workplace.
The curriculum for this certificate program is compatible with the project management industry standard set by the Project Management Institute (PMI). The University of Waterloo partners with a project management training provider to offer courses that qualify for Project Management Professional (PMP) Professional Development Units (PDUs) or contact hours.
Who should enrol
- Project managers
- Project team members
- Department leaders
- Individuals who aspire to become project management specialists
- Professionals who want to develop skills to deliver projects on target, on time, and on budget
What you will learn
- Build a solid understanding of sound project management techniques and processes
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Effective communication with your team, including negotiation, conflict management, and motivation
- Manage the complete project lifecycle
Complete the four compulsory courses and one of the elective courses listed below:
- Project Management Applied Tools and Techniques (Note: This foundational course is the starting point for this certificate)
- Change Management for Project Success
- Managing Stakeholder Expectations
- People Skills: The Secret Behind Project Success
Courses are not eligible to be used for more than one certificate. Advanced Project Monitoring and Control and Foundations of Adaptive Delivery: Agile Hands-On can be used for either the Project Management Certificate or the Advanced Project Management Certificate, but not both.
Note: the Advanced Project Management certificate will be retired on December 31, 2022.
To fulfill the requirements for the Project Management Certificate, you must complete the courses through the University of Waterloo.