3:00 p.m., 17 February 2021, Microsoft Teams
Donald Duff-McCracken (Chair), Melissa Holst (Secretary), Herbert Balagtas, Jessica Barch, Sarah Cooper, Tom Cauduro, Alyssa Clarkson, Erica Clement-Goudy, Janice Cooke, Daniella Cross, Michelle Douglas-Mills, George Choy, Traci Elizabeth Dow, Graham Faulkner, Kathryn Fedy, Sarah Forgrave, Chris Francis, Tom Graham, Rebecca Graper, Troy Grandy, Tasha Glover, Marlon Griffith, Jennifer Halcrow, Tara Hillis, Danielle Jeanneault, Jen Konkle, Joe Kwan, Stephanie Longeway, Greg McIntyre, Amy Meredith, Liam Morland, Isaac Morland, Pratik Patel, Kevin Paxman, Trevor Ridgeway, Elizabeth Rogers, Carlos Saavedra, Alisa Sivak, Andrew Smith, Greg Smith, Michael Tjendra, Amanda Vos
Iva Badjari, Marta Bailey, Lisa Brackenridge, Lannois Carroll-Woolery, Dawn Charlton, Pavol Chvala, Beth Cotter, Laurel Forbes, Lathangi Ganesharatnam, Andre Gignac, Jason Greatrex, Jennifer Gillies, Anar Jahangirli, Andrea Jennings, Natasha Jennings, Jim Johnston, Adriann Kennedy, Elizabeth Kleisath, Ryan Lahti, Martin LeBlanc, Derek Leung, Stephanie Longeway, Stephanie Koerne, Jay Mielke, Wendy Pilpott, Trevor Ridgeway, Carlos Saavedra, Nancy Schnarr, Melanie Scott, Lori Suess, Jodi Szimanski, Annaka Willemsen.
Joyce Barlow, Workplace Accessibility Specialist - Human Resources
James McCarthy, Geospatial Applications Specialist - MAD
Approval of the Minutes of Previous Meeting
The minutes from the previous meeting were accepted as distributed.
Welcomed new members:
- Alisa Sivak, Communications Associate - Office of the Associate VP Academic
- Anar Jahangirli, Director, Strategic Communications
- Andre Gignac, Manager, Architecture Computing & Media
WCMS Training/Support update (Andrea Jennings)
WCMS 3 updates
- With the revised WCMS 3 launch date of June 29, 2021, we’ve updated the migration schedules shared in the Migrations channel on Teams.
- Information regarding the migration process, as well as some migration FAQs, can be found on the Building the Next WCMS website.
- Please continue to reach out with site deletion requests, POC changes, team member additions to the Migrations channel.
- The Quality Assurance (QA) service offered by the Training and Support team will end on April 23, 2021. If you currently have a site on pilots on which you’d like a QA completed, the QA will need to be scheduled two weeks prior to April 23.
- Alpha 4 testing has begun. Please explore your testing site and report bugs or issues using the Alpha testing bug report form.
- The next WCMS 3 working sessions have been scheduled for April 6 and April 27.
In preparation for the upcoming migration to WCMS 3, we are encouraging all site owners and site maintainers to review their current WCMS sites in an effort to clean up any content that may no longer be needed, as well as to determine if the site itself is still relevant.
Have a question, or need some help with your website? A virtual Drop-in lab will be open every Thursday afternoon from 1-4 p.m. to provide WCMS content maintainers one-on-one website and training support.
WCMS Technical Update (Kevin Paxman)
Highlights from the current sprint (full sprint details on Web Resources):
- All WCMS 3 work:
- Lots of fixes – in particular, we have a line on fixing image uploads
- Lots of theming
- Adding Google Universal Analytics/Google Analytics 4 support
- Adding the University’s Google Tag Manager
- Adding the “global message” (the “COVID-19 banner”)
Campus Map Updates (Joe Kwan Don Duf-McCracken)
New version of campus map
- To minimize changes, James worked hard to make it as similar to previous one as possible. The new map was needed to be made due to changes in the open data structure (that drives the map). It was decided to move to a using a toolset of Ersi's geospatial software (that the campus has a licence for) would be more efficient than updating the old code that the previous campus map ran on.
- This is a "no code" solution
- Additional data layers will be added as the open data becomes available. The previous open data included data which was not being updated on a regular basis, so the new open data is focused on data which we know can be kept current.
- We are working with other departments on campus (i.e: parking/plant operations) to gain as much information
- as possible for updating campus maps
- Any additional comments and or feedback can we emailed to Don, James or Joe
- Any issues that you see and/or if there are any updates that you think should be added please email: RT - ISTCampusMap
- An outstanding need is to have a discussion on who manages and maintains the campus map.
WCMS 3 Project (Joe Kwan)
Please see presenation.
Need for personal, group, or project sites (Marlon Griffith)
- Currently - 7800 events on website
- Looking at cleaning up this site
- Agrred that keeping content for 11 months then archiving for safe keeping.