3:00 p.m., 17 March 2021, Microsoft Teams
Donald Duff-McCracken (Chair), Melissa Holst (Secretary), Jessica Barch, Lannois Carroll-Woolery, Tom Cauduro, Alyssa Clarkson, Erica Clement-Goudy, Janice Cook, Beth Cotter, Daniella Cross, Michelle Douglas-Mills, Graham Faulkner, Katherine Fedy, Sarah Forgrave, Chris Francis, Tom Graham, Rebecca Graper, Troy Grandy, Tasha Glover, Marlon Griffith, Jennifer Halcrow, Tara Hillis, Danielle Jeanneault, Andrea Jennings, Natasha Jennings, Adriann Kennedy, Joe Kwan, Stephanie Longeway, Amy Meredith, Liam Morland, Kevin Paxman, Elizabeth Rogers, Nancy Schnarr, Andrew Smith, Greg Smith, Michael Tjendra, Amanda Vos
Iva Badjari, Marta Bailey, Herbert Balagtas, Lisa Brackenridge, Sarah Cooper, Dawn Charlton, Pavol Chvala, Traci Dow, Laurel Forbes, Lathangi Ganesharatnam, Jason Greatrex, Jennifer Gillies, Jim Johnston, Elizabeth Kleisbath, Jen Konkle, Ryan Lahti, Martin LeBlanc, Derek Leung, Stephanie Longeway, Stephanie Koerne, Greg McIntyre, Jay Mielke, Isaac Morland, Pratik Patel, Wendy Pilpott, Trevor Ridgeway, Carlos Saavedra, Melanie Scott, Lori Suess, Jodi Szimanski, Annaka Willemsen.
Approval of the Minutes of Previous Meeting
The minutes from the previous meeting were accepted as distributed.
WCMS Training/Support update (Andrea Jennings)
Alpha3 working session
The next working session will take place on Tuesday, February 23 from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. We will be focusing our activities and examples around the Dashboard, and User access and permissions.
If you have questions relating to the Dashboard or User access, you’re encouraged to reach out and share them with us prior to the working session.
Keep an eye for an invitation from Joe!
In preparation for the upcoming migration to WCMS 3, we are encouraging all site owners and site maintainers to review their current WCMS sites in an effort to clean up any content that may no longer be needed, as well as to determine if the site itself is still relevant.
Site maintenance emails to POCs:
- The first one was about Reviewing content, broken links, user access (December 2020)
- The next email will be sent tomorrow, and focuses on revisions, archiving, files, and embedded content (January 2021). Reminder: Greg had shared with WAC in May our intention to only migrate the published version of a piece of content. We will not be migrating revisions.
Content type usage:
- Outreach to site managers about specific content types used on WCMS 2 sites
- Site maintainers can validate email addresses entered by users in web forms to reduce the number of "broken" email addresses
Have a question, or need some help with your website? A virtual Drop-in lab will be open every Thursday afternoon from 1-4 p.m. to provide WCMS content maintainers one-on-one website and training support.
WCMS Technical Update (Kevin Paxman)
Highlights from the current sprint (full sprint details on Web Resources):
- All WCMS 3 work:
- Lots of fixes – in particular, we have a line on fixing image uploads
- Lots of theming
- Adding Google Universal Analytics/Google Analytics 4 support
- Adding the University’s Google Tag Manager
- Adding the “global message” (the “COVID-19 banner”)
Campus Map Update (James McCarthy, Joe Kwan, Don Duff-McCracken)
- New version of campus map
- To minimize changes, James worked hard to make it as similar to previous one as possible. The new map was needed to be made due to changes in the open data structure (that drives the map). It was decided to move to a using a toolset of Ersi's geospatial software (that the campus has a licence for) would be more efficient than updating the old code that the previous campus map ran on.
- This is a "no code" solution
- Additional data layers will be added as the open data becomes available. The previous open data included data which was not being updated on a regular basis, so the new open data is focused on data which we know can be kept current.
- We are working with other departments on campus (i.e: parking/plant operations) to gain as much information
as possible for updating campus maps. We also need to address issues around management, maintenance and governace of the map.
- Any additional comments and or feedback can we emailed to Don, James or Joe
- Any issues that you see and/or if there are any updates that you think should be added please email: RT - ISTCampusMap
WCMS 3 project
See presentation on the update for WCMS 3