3:00 p.m., 20 January 2021, Microsoft Teams
Donald Duff-McCracken (Chair), Melissa Holst (Secretary), Jessica Barch, Marta Bailey, Herbert Balagtas, Lannois Carroll-Woolery, Tom Cauduro, Alyssa Clarkson, Erica Clement-Goudy, Janice Cook, Daniella Cross, Traci Dow, Michelle Douglas-Mills, Graham Faulkner, Kathryn Fedy, Sarah Forgrave, Chris Francis, Tom Graham, Rebecca Graper, Tasha Glover, Marlon Griffith, Jennifer Halcrow, Tara Hillis, Danielle Jeanneault, Andrea Jennings, Adriann Kennedy, Joe Kwan, Jen Konkle, Derek Leung, Stephanie Longeway, Amy Meredith, Greg McIntyre, Liam Morland, Kevin Paxman, Elizabeth Rogers, Carlos Saavedra, Nancy Schnarr, Andrew Smith, Greg Smith, Michael Tjendra, Amanda Vos
Iva Badjari, Lisa Brackenridge, Beth Cotter, Sarah Cooper, Dawn Charlton, Pavol Chvala, Laurel Forbes, Lathangi Ganesharatnam, Troy Grandy, Jason Greatrex, Jennifer Gillies, Jim Johnston, Elizabeth Kleisath, Ryan Lahti, Martin LeBlanc, Stephanie Koerne, Jay Mielke, Isaac Morland, Pratik Patel, Wendy Pilpott, Trevor Ridgeway, Melanie Scott, Lori Suess, Jodi Szimanski, Annaka Willemsen.
Approval of the Minutes of Previous Meeting
The minutes from the previous meeting were accepted as distributed.
WCMS Training/Support update (Andrea Jennings)
What’s happening with the WCMS?
Abigail Wybenga and Nick Firth have joined our team! Abigail and Nick will be providing WCMS training and support, migration and quality assurance testing services, and creating and maintaining course and online documentation throughout the winter term, as well as any WCMS 3-focused work.
We will also be hiring six co-op students for the spring term. They will assist with our day-to-day work, as well as focus on supporting the work of the WCMS 3 project.
In preparation for the upcoming migration to WCMS 3, we are encouraging all site owners and site maintainers to review their current WCMS sites in an effort to clean up any content that may no longer be needed, as well as to determine if the site itself is still relevant.
Site maintenance emails to POCs:
- The first one was about Reviewing content, broken links, user access (December 2020)
- The next email will be sent tomorrow, and focuses on revisions, archiving, files, and embedded content (January 2021). Reminder: Greg had shared with WAC in May our intention to only migrate the published version of a piece of content. We will not be migrating revisions.
Content type usage:
- Outreach to site managers about specific content types used on WCMS 2 sites
- Site maintainers can validate email addresses entered by users in web forms to reduce the number of "broken" email addresse
Have a question, or need some help with your website? A virtual Drop-in lab will be open every Thursday afternoon from 1-4 p.m. to provide WCMS content maintainers one-on-one website and training support.
- The start of a new term is a great time to review site permissions!
WCMS Technical Update (Kevin Paxman)
- The current sprint is all WCMS 3 work, you can see the sprint details on the Web Resources site.
- The WCMS 2.9.1 release is currently on pilots, and will begin shipping to production sites on Monday, January 25th.
- Simply a maintenance release
- Added support for Google Analytics 4’s “G-“ codes, except on Conference sites
- Renamed “Applied Health Sciences” to “Health” in as many spots as possible
- Fixed issue renaming bug for Publication sites, going forward, along with several other bugs across the system
- CSV menu and content reports available for site managers
- Other minor changes
WCMS 3 Project - General Update (Greg Smith)
- Focused on alpha testing
- April 26th is the projected release date for WCMS 3
- Internal issues with Pantheon were brought forward but since have been resolved
- Domain masking has been put in place in order to route traffic accordingly
WCMS 3 Project - Open Scholar (Greg Smith)
- Wrapping up the consultation, late February early March
- As a community there are so many platforms and we need to come together in order to meet the needs of the University.
- Greg will put together a demo of myResearch
WCMS 3 Project - Alpha Testing (Joe Kwan)
- Alpha testing started January 11, 2021
- Challenges arose when trying to build site on Pantheon
- Appreciate everyone who was involved with the alpha testing and if there is anymore feedback please email Joe by January 25th
- Testing to be complete by January 25th
- It was requested to see a Demo at the next meeting
- Migration schedule is behind schedule, will follow up in the next couple of weeks
Brand Font Update - Tom Graham
- Moving ahead with new font Barlow Condensed, this will be available for download from Google by end of week
- Updates are slowly being made across campus to templates
- Jennifer Halcrow spoke to a communication plan for the release of WCMS 3
The meeting adjourned at 4:03 p.m.