3:00 p.m., 21 April 2021, Microsoft Teams
Donald Duff-McCracken (Chair), Melissa Holst (Secretary), Herbert Balagtas, Jessica Barch, Tom Cauduro, George Choy, Alyssa Clarkson, Erica Clement-Goudy, Janice Cook, Beth Cotter, Daniella Cross, Michelle Douglas-Mills, Traci Dow, Graham Faulkner, Kathryn Fedy, Sarah Forgrave, Chris Francis, Tom Graham, Rebecca Graper, Tasha Glover, Marlon Griffith, Jennifer Halcrow, Tara Hillis, Anar Jahangirli, Danielle Jeanneault, Andrea Jennings, Jen Konkle, Joe Kwan, Stephanie Longeway, Amy Meredith, Greg McIntyre, Liam Morland, Kevin Paxman, Trevor Ridgeway, Elizabeth Rogers, Carlos Saavedra, Nancy Schnarr, Andrew Smith, Greg Smith, Michael Tjendra, Amanda Vos
Iva Badjari, Marta Bailey, Lisa Brackenridge, Lannois Carroll-Woolery, Sarah Cooper, Dawn Charlton, Pavol Chvala, Laurel Forbes, Lathangi Ganesharatnam, Troy Grandy, Jason Greatrex, Jennifer Gillies, Natasha Jennings, Jim Johnston, Adriann Kennedy, Elizabeth Kleisbath, Ryan Lahti, Martin LeBlanc, Derek Leung, Stephanie Longeway, Stephanie Koerne, Jay Mielke, Isaac Morland, Pratik Patel, Wendy Pilpott, Melanie Scott, Lori Suess, Jodi Szimanski, Annaka Willemsen.
Approval of the Minutes of Previous Meeting
The minutes from the previous meeting were accepted as distributed.
Foleon discussion (Don Duff-McCracken, Sarah Forgrave)
Creative Services has been using a tool -- Foleon -- and clarification was sought over its use (as opposed to conventional webpages)
- Foleon is a new digital publication platform. It is intended for a specific need, heightened by the pandemic which has caused individuals to rethink traditional print media. It is not meant to replace WCMS pages.
- However, Foleon webpages were being created that could have been serviced with a single page WCMS solution, and additionally POCs and other relevant individuals were not finding out about some of these Foleon sites until the sites were ready to launch. They need to be in the loop for these and also to have some input as to if other options (for example, when WCMS is also a relevant choice).
- Look at streamlining the process and procedure for everyone.
- Stephanie Longeway was clear that the intention for Foleon was to not start creating websites but to serve as a tool to create "digital publications".
- More communication will be provided to the Site POC's so that there is no confusion with people just making sites. Stephanie has provided a document on Foleon describing the services and intended audience.
WCMS Training/Support update (Andrea Jennings)
WCMS 3 updates
- Information regarding the migration process, as well as some migration FAQs, can be found on the Building the Next WCMS website. A list of the functionality from standard WCMS 2 "FDSU" sites that will and won't ship with the June 29 initial release of WCMS 3 is also listed.
- The Quality Assurance (QA) service offered by the Training and Support team will end on April 23, 2021. Basic web accessibility information and additional resources can be found on the Web Resources site.
- The next WCMS 3 working session is tentatively scheduled for April 27. If this date is revised, we will let everyone know. If there’s anything specific you’d like this session to focus on, please let us know.
In preparation for the upcoming migration to WCMS 3, we are encouraging all site owners and site maintainers to review their current WCMS sites in an effort to clean up any content that may no longer be needed, as well as to determine if the site itself is still relevant.
Have a question, or need some help with your website? A virtual Drop-in lab will be open every Thursday afternoon from 1-4 p.m. to provide WCMS content maintainers one-on-one website and training support.
WCMS 3 Fundamentals – preliminary training plan
A self-directed online course that will introduce new WCMS users to the main components of the new platform. Individuals who have completed WCMS 2 training courses are not required to complete this course but may choose to do so to better familiarize themselves with WCMS 3.
- Single course available on LEARN
- Self-lead, and will retain current registration process
- Mandatory for new WCMS users; not mandatory for existing WCMS users
- Divided into four to five sections, such as:
- Web form
- A quiz will be presented at the end of each section. User must score 100% to move on to the next section.
- A final quiz will be presented at the end of the course. User must score 100% to complete the training and have a record of completion recorded in Workday.
- Existing users may move through the various sections as they need for learning, or a refresher. They do not need to complete the final quiz unless they’d like the record of completion recorded in Workday.
- A recorded version of the training course will also be made available in lieu of in-class teaching.
WCMS Technical Update (Kevin Paxman)
- Drupal security update released today; prod sites have all been patched
- Full details on Web Resources, but highlights from the current sprint include:
- Improving image handling in copy blocks (in CKeditor)
- Implementing more of Catalog’s functionality
- Adding “home page” banner block
- Beginning OFIS implementation
- Continuing work on ADFS login
- And of course, still doing a lot of theming
WCMS 3 Project - Training Plan (Andrea Jennings)
Presentation was made on moving forward with the WCMS 3 training plan
Employees are strongly encouraged to take this course, a lot of discussion around if this training should be mandatory for new and existing users
Meeting adjourned at 3:53 pm