Did you know…
… The Web Resources site has resources to familiarize yourself with the campus-wide standards, procedures and guidelines that pertain to your site.
Who’s new to the WCMS…
14 more sites have launched in the Waterloo Content Management System (WCMS) since our last update.
- 2017 Co-operative Education Annual Report (Single page site)
- Beyond Experienced International (Single page site)
- Beyond Science Fiction (Single page site)
- Canadian Engineering Accreditation Requirements
- DECA Provincial Prep Conference (Conference)
- Intelligent Technologies for Wellness and Independent Living Lab
- My Offer (Single page site)
- Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing Group
- Renison International Office
- SmartSurveys (Single page site)
- Society of Fine Arts
- University of Waterloo Teaching and Learning Conference (Conference)
- Waterloo Centre for Microbial Research
Need WCMS training ASAP?
Take the WCMS for Content Maintainers course in one of our drop-in labs – you will work through the course on your own with help from our instructors. Please contact Andrea Jennings to make arrangements.
Co-op student resources
Have you hired a co-op student to work on your website? See this list of resources that will help them get up to speed.
Site managers: time to review permissions!
It’s the end of term - don’t forget to review permissions on your site for past co-op students.
- Remove a user’s role(s) on your site when you no longer want them to create/edit content. By removing their role they are 'blocked' from creating/editing content on your site.
- Site managers can now remove the form editor role. (The role must still be added by the WCMS training and support team.)
TIP: Set expiry dates for any role(s) assigned to your new co-op students so their permissions automatically expire at the end of the term.
New on Web Resources