Did you know…
…That the importance of good quality data is more crucial now than ever? With Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) powering many applications, the impact of poor quality data is no longer localized in a single data source, such as a website. Instead, the impact is transferred over to all programs, applications and websites that use the data.
Who’s new to the WCMS…
12 more sites have launched in the Waterloo Content Management System (WCMS) since our last update.
- Autonomous and Connected Car Research at Waterloo Engineering (Single page site)
- Data Analytics Research at Waterloo Engineering (Single page site)
- Generationed City
- Global Food Politics Group
- Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (Single page site)
- International Student Guide (Publication)
- Mathematics Endowment Fund
- Operational Artificial Intelligence Research at Waterloo Engineering (Single page site)
- Robotics Research at Waterloo Engineering (Single page site)
- Sustainability Policy Research on Urban Transformations Lab
- Waterloo Artificial Intelligence Institute
- Welcome to Residence (Single page site)
WCMS training for co-op students
Fall co-op training will be taking place on September 5 and 6, from 9 am - 12 pm, in MC 1078. Register your co-op student for training.
Cancellation - 72 hours cancellation with no penalty - contact Elizabeth Scott.
Drop-in lab availability for August
The WCMS Drop-in lab will be available on August 1, 3, 17, and 24 - 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm in MC 2060. If you require special arrangements outside of the regular drop-in hours please contact Andrea, email@example.com.
Reminder: WCMS migration to responsive cut-off date – August 31, 2017
A cut-off date has been set for migrating all WCMS non-responsive sites to the responsive design. If sites are not migrated by August 31, 2017, they will be automatically migrated.
Requests to make current WCMS sites responsive can be submitted via the Request Tracker (RT) system. After we receive your request, we will confirm the details and set a schedule for the conversion. On the scheduled date, a copy of your site will be moved to our staging server. The point of contact (POC) will need to arrange for the content to be reviewed in the new design to ensure an optimal viewing experience for site visitors (see Tips for migrating to the responsive template).
If you are responsible for a website but do not know your POC, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
New on Web Resources
- COMPLETE: Infrastructure changes affecting WCMS sites
- WCMS co-op student training
- SharePoint maintenance – July 19