In light of recent events, for complete details of University announcements and updates, please visit the COVID-19 Information website.
What’s happening with the WCMS?
WCMS 3.0 update
Check out the new development roadmap to follow all of the WCMS 3 updates!
WCMS Kitchen sink survey
In the WCMS Kitchen sink survey, we are looking to gather feedback from WCMS users on some general questions we have for the WCMS 3 rebuild project. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete and will be available until Friday, July 24 at 4:00 p.m. Your participation is greatly appreciated and will help to drive decision-making as we progress through this project.
WCMS POC reports
While the WCMS team works towards building the next WCMS, we wanted to provide a summary to each Point of Contact (POC) with an up-to-date list of the site(s) for which they are noted as the POC. In order to assist with site clean-up, we also included the following information:
- Date each site was created
- Google Analytics (GA) Total page views and Unique page views
- This data was collected from February 28, 2019 to February 29, 2020
- Date these site(s) were last accessed and last edited by a Content maintainer
- This data was collected on May 1, 2020
- Any site that has not been accessed or edited in over two months has been highlighted in red to help indicate whether that site may benefit from an additional review
Note: Some sites were migrating during this time and may reflect this status in the report. Sites created after this date are not included in this site list. We were not able to collect Google Analytics from every site (ex. authenticated sites). Sites without analytics will show as “not listed” for Total page views and Unique page views.
We have prepared a list of actions that we encourage every POC to complete. These actions will aid in site clean-up, making for an easier transition into the WCMS 3:
- Review site(s) to verify that the attached list is correct. If this list is not correct, please reply to this email advising of any site(s) for which you should not be the contact, and the name of the correct POC, if known.
- Review site(s) to see if any are no longer needed. If a site is no longer needed and can be deleted, send in a ticket to email@example.com. Please ensure any required content is removed from the site prior to deletion.
- If the site content is still required though site views are low, consider consolidating content to a higher-traffic department site. This could also be considered for sites with only a few pages of content.
- Take this time to review and fix any broken links in your Broken links report. Correct any links that are currently linked externally but should be linked internally through the Path review report.
- Remove user access for anyone who should no longer have active roles on your site.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WCMS course offerings
We are back - virtually!
Have a question, or need some help with your website? A virtual Drop-in lab will be open every Thursday afternoon from 1-4 p.m. to provide WCMS content maintainers one-on-one website and training support.
Who’s new to the WCMS…
9 more sites have launched in the Waterloo Content Management System (WCMS) since our last update.
- Campus Telephone Migration Project (Single page)
- Communities of Practice (Single page)
- Functional Metagenomics 2021 (Conference)
- Future Ready Talent Framework (Single page)
- Integrated Devices for Early Disease Awareness and Translational Applications Lab
- Integrated Quantum Optoelectronics Lab (IQOL)
- Lettres du Japon (French)
- Three Minute Thesis 2020 (Single page)
- Work-Learn Institute
New on Web Resources
Current development sprint:
Previous development sprints:
From the blog: