Did you know…
Video banners of 3MB or less can now be added to Single page sites.
Who’s new to the WCMS…
12 more sites have launched in the Waterloo Content Management System (WCMS) since our last update.
- Contensis Help
- Cybersecurity Research
- Deputy Provost and Space Planning
- Energy Storage Research
- Fill the Table: Making Space for Community (Single page site)
- Imaging Research
- Preparons la Reussite des Enfants
- QiGong Wellness
- Smart Infrastructure Research
- Two-factor Authentication (Single page site)
- Waterloo Composite Biomaterial Systems Lab
- Wireless Communications and Networks Research
WCMS training and support this summer …
Due to construction in MC this summer, SEW courses will not be offered in July and August.
We are now offering site maintainers the option of completing the SEW099 course at a time and location that fits their schedule! Users will self-register on LEARN and our team will provide the information and resources needed to complete the course online. Step-by-step instructions are available on our SEW self-registration for LEARN web page.
WCMS Drop-in lab hours and location will also be changing for the summer:
- June – available every Tuesday in MC 1078
- July – available only Tuesday, July 10 and Tuesday, July 24 in MC 1078
- August – available by appointment
Website maintainers may request one-on-one training and support outside of these hours, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Twitter deprecating some widget settings (action required) – note date correction
Embedded Twitter widgets that rely on the widget ID (e.g. Search/Hashtag) will no longer be editable through the Twitter interface as of May 25, 2018, and will no longer work at all on July 27, 2018. Content maintainers should check Twitter widgets on their WCMS sites to ensure that the ‘Twitter widget ID’ field is not being used.
New on Web Resources
New how-to documents added for Single page sites:
- How to use the Heading block (Single page site)
- How to use the Image block (Single page site)
- How to use the Captioned Image block (Single page site)
- How to use the Navigation block (Single page site)
- How to use the Stories block (Single page site)
From the blog: